Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Bad Berries, Take 2

We all went to bed and 3 of us slept well. One of us - yours truly - was up most of the night, again. Fortunately, Rachelle is feeling fine, so I was heartened that it seemed to only be a 16-hour or so bad-berry bug. I lay awake feeling my stomach churning and my yesterday's meals threatening to make a come back. Although I did not throw-up, which was nice, I spent most of the night on the verge of doing so in the bathroom. At some point, around 4am, I started feeling less queasy, and by 7:00am, I felt tired but okay to get up and take the mighty-mights to school. Also on the bright side, during the wee hours of the night as my stomach grumbled, I made up several new verses to the song, "There was an old lady who swallowed a fly".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI guys! just testing to see if this goes thru..xoxo monika

Anonymous said...

okay, so it looks like it worked! So sorry you were feeling sick, shel.. just reading lindsey's note made me feel bad. hope you are better! it's wonderful that the kids enjoyed their first day of school. it's always nice to start off on a positive note rather than the other way around. sp started high school and loved it! josh also had a great first week. i went and saw mom and dad yesterday, which was really great. dad is sporting one of my recent hair do's, but he looks great. i check aol travel everyday, but airline prices have not budged below 1500.00 for june. i think we are determined to come regardless. do you still think that would work? love and kisses to all of you! monika

The Cohens said...

hi monika. lindsey here. rachelle is all better. it seems to have been a yucky but relatively brief bug.

we are glad your kids are doing well. we miss y'all.

we would love to see y'all. when you check flights, check for ones into london (lhr) or bristol (brs). bristol is only 15 min away versus london, which is 90 min, but london can be cheaper even factoring in a bus or train ride.

The Cohens said...

Mona,
things are great, I couldn't have picked a more picturesque place to expel my bodily fluids (even getting sick as a dog is fun in Bath.... glad to hear that your kids are doing well, love ya, Shmel